The Salvation Army Oshawa
How to Donate
Donate to Community and Family Services
- What mark do you want to leave on the world?
- What are the values that drive you?
- What matters most?
Whether it’s your time, talent, or treasure, giving back can be one of life’s greatest rewards. Your donations are handled with the utmost financial care.
Click here to donate or use the donation links to make a financial donation to Community and Family Services. Your donation to The Salvation Army Oshawa Community & Family Services are used right here in Oshawa and Port Perry.
Why Support The Salvation Army
- The Salvation Army has a proven track record that goes back more than 135 years in Canada, and more than 150 years internationally. It is now one of the world’s largest providers of social services.
- The Salvation Army helps one person at a time, believing that each person is infinitely valuable and equally worthy.
- The Salvation Army is present in 400 communities across Canada and more than 130 countries around the world, offering services in 175 different languages. When disaster strikes, the Army is often already there living in the community and is able to provide immediate aid and relief in the most culturally relevant way. It also means the Army will still be there long after the immediate needs have been met.
- As an international Christian church that welcomes everyone, The Salvation Army’s faith motivates its social programs. Donations from the public at large, which includes money from individuals, foundations, corporations and all levels of government, are used for community and social service programs.
- The Salvation Army works through a large quasi-military organizational model, that includes volunteers, committed members of The Salvation Army, its officers and staff. There is no organization that can more readily mobilize itself where and when the need is greatest.
- The Salvation Army has been recognized with the highest level of excellence in ethical fundraising and financial accountability that Canadians can trust. The Salvation Army is now one of just over 300 charities in Canada that has earned Imagine Canada’s national Standards Program accreditation. Imagine Canada believes that charities and non-profits have a responsibility to be innovative, transparent, accountable, ethical and well-governed.
- The Salvation Army is managing its administrative and fundraising costs in a reasonable manner given the size and scope of the organization, in order to provide the best programs and services that deliver transformative outcomes for the people we serve. (See our National Annual Review.)
- All funds donated to The Salvation Army are used by The Salvation Army, or agencies of which it is a member.
- Social and community service programs focus on nurturing the capacities, skills and strengths of individuals rather than just giving them a hand out.
- All social and community services are equally available without discrimination.
Food Bank and Thrift Store Donations
- Non-perishable food items: Click to see Food Bank page http://saoshawa.ca/food-bank
- Clothing and other household items: Click to see Thrift Store page http://saoshawa.ca/thrift-store
Church Donations (Tithes and Offerings)
- Click for ONLINE Church Tithe and Offering Donation
- Giving tithes and offerings to our church is an act of worship, bringing glory to God. It is an opportunity to help pay for church expenses such as salaries for our administrative staff, supplies, program material, upkeep of our building, etc. https://saoshawa.ca/tithe
- To setup direct debit or credit card donations please contact the office by phone 905-436-0011
- Cheques can be mailed or personally delivered to the secure mailbox at the church.
Donating by Mail
Make your cheque payable to: The Salvation Army Oshawa and mail it to:
The Salvation Army Oshawa
570 Thornton Road North
Oshawa, ON L1J 6T6
Charitable Registration Number: 10795 1618 RR0001