I love corn on the cob! With summer just around the corner I can’t wait for my first taste of this sweet treat.
As I attempt to eat healthier I want to be more aware of the benefits certain foods can provide. So I started surfing the web for information on sweet corn. While I learned that it is a good source for many different nutrients and dietary fibre, I discovered some very interesting ‘corn trivia’ that made me smile and go hmmn.
- On average, an ear of corn has 800 kernels in 16 rows.
- Corn will always have an even number of rows on each cob.
- The world record for corn eating is 33-and-a-half ears in 12 minutes.
- Etiquette experts declare the correct way to eat corn on the cob is to butter and season
a row or two at a time and then eat them.
- A male swan is called a “cob”.
Then, one click after another lead me to this:
If Jimmy cracks corn, and no one cares, why is there a song about him?